Macaroni Grill Fonduta Gamberi
Recipe: Macaroni Grill Fonduta Gamberi
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon clam juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups rough chopped spinach
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 8 large shrimp, peeled, cleaned and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine half-and-half, clam juice and white wine.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter. Add shallots and saute until translucent. Add flour to butter mixture, stirring until flour is absorbed.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes. Add heated half-and-half mixture all at once to the shallot mix, stirring constantly with a wire whip to remove any lumps.
- Add spinach, artichokes, shrimp, cayenne and black pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, so the mixture does not scorch.
- Remove mixture from heat, and stir in cheese, if desired. Pour dip into bowl and serve hot.