Recipe: Macaroni Grill Shrimp Pignoli Pasta
- 24 Jumbo Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms, washed and sliced — 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2 tablespoon roasted pine nuts
- 6 handfuls fresh spinach leaves
- 6 cups cooked
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh Garlic, minced
Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/8 teaspoon White pepper
- 1 pound lightly salted butter, cut into — tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash spinach and remove stems before drying leaves between paper towels. Set aside.
- Spread pine nuts over bottom of sheet pan and place pan in oven on top rack.
- Roast until golden brown, approximately 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp. Set aside.
- Wash and slice fresh mushrooms. Set aside.
- Boil pasta in large pot of water to al dente stage according to directions on package. Set Aside.
Prepare lemon butter sauce:
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute shallots and garlic until translucent. Add white wine and reduce slightly more than 1/2, whisking occasionally.
- Add cream and reduce by 1/2. Add lemon juice and reduce by 1/2. Add white pepper.
- Reduce heat to low. Add remaining butter 2 tablespoons at a time, whisking continuously after each addition to completely incorporate butter.
- Continue to simmer, whisking until sauce just coats spoon.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat melt the 4 tablespoons of butter. Add garlic and saute until garlic is translucent.
- Stir in mushrooms, shrimp, and pine nuts. Saute several minutes or until shrimp are done and show color.
- Remove skillet from heat and gently stir in spinach.
- Place warm pasta on plate with shrimp mixture to the side. Pour lemon sauce over pasta, permitting a bit of sauce onto shrimp.
Number of servings (yield): 4