Recipe: Macaroni Grill Chicken Marsala
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 8 pieces
- ground pepper
- flour, for coating
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 tablespoons marsala wine, dry not sweet
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- Place chicken pieces between waxed paper and flatten. Dust each piece with salt, pepper and flour. Shake off surplus. Melt 3 tablespoons butter and the oil in skillet and fry chicken in batches on medium heat for about 5 minutes each side. Remove chicken from pan and arrange in a single layer in shallow oven proof pan. Put in low oven (275-300 degrees) to stay warm.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter and garlic to skillet and sauté (do not brown) for a few minutes until soft. Add mushrooms and sauté about 5 minutes. Use slotted spoon to lift mushrooms out of skillet and arrange on top of chicken breasts. Sprinkle with cheese and put back in oven until you finish next step.
- Pour Marsala wine into skillet along with chicken broth and remaining 1 tablespoons butter and boil rapidly until reduced by half. Remove chicken from oven, plate it and pour wine mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Serve along with your favorite pasta