Recipe: Authentic Pork Lo Mein – Chinese
- 1/2 pound fresh pork tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (cut very fine)
- 5-6 large mixed mushrooms
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots
- 1 red bell pepper, or 1 carrot
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 2 green onions, shredded
- 1 medium zucchini or 1 medium stalk celery, cut into 1 inch strips
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
Seasoning In Noodles:
- 1 pound fresh Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- Cut pork into thin strips, and then into pieces. Mix with meat marinade for 30 minutes.
- Slice mushrooms, bamboo shoots, red pepper and zucchini into thin strips. Mix sauce.
- Parboil noodles for 3 minutes. Rinse and drain
- Bring another pot of water to boil, and keep hot.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in wok. Stir fry all vegetables together for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle on a little salt and 1 teaspoons of sugar. Set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil, and stir fry pork until done.
- Add sauce mixture. Stir until thickened.
- Add the vegetables. Stir until well mixed.
- Put noodles into hot pot of water for 10-15 seconds, just to heat. Drain.
- Put back in pot, and add seasonings to noodles .
- Serve meat and vegetables over noodles.