Recipe: Kicked-Up Crab Bites
Summary: Wasabi horseradish kicks up the flavor of these flaky crabmeat-filled appetizers.
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup wasabi-horseradish flavored light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 can (6 oz) crabmeat, drained
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- Paprika, if desired
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise and horseradish until creamy. Stir in onion, lemon juice and crabmeat until well blended.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll 1 can of dough; separate into 4 rectangles. Press each into 8×4-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. With pizza cutter, cut each into 8 squares. If using dough sheets: Unroll 1 can of dough; cut into 4 rectangles. Press each into 8×4-inch rectangle. With pizza cutter, cut each into 8 squares.
- Spoon about 1 rounded measuring teaspoon crab mixture onto center of each of the 32 squares. Repeat step 2 using other can of dough. Place 1 dough square on top of crab mixture on each. Press edges with fork to seal; place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle each with paprika and parsley; remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Servings # 32
Photo and Recipe adapted from: Pillsbury.com