Recipe: Letcho – Sweet Pepper Stew
Summary: A full-flavored, aromatic, hot and warming Letcho. High in proteins.
- 350g of extra-lean turkey, chicken, or ham
- 4 red bell peppers
- 3 medium onions
- 1 small zucchini (courgette)
- 2 tsp of tomato concentrate
- 2 tbsp of cornmeal
- 2 grains of allspice (pimento)
- Spices & herbs: salt, pepper, dried sweet pepper, garlic, marjoram, bay leaf
- Preheat your non-sticking pan. Cut the cured meat into cubes and fry it until brown. do not use any oil. Put everything into a pot when ready.
- Cut the onions into slices and put them on your pan. Add some water and a pinch of salt. Fry until transparent. Put into your pot when ready.
- Cut peppers into stripes. Cut zucchini into cubes. Add it all to your onions. Add herbs and spices. Put into your pot. Stew for 15 minutes.
- Add tomato concentrate.
- Add cornmeal to make the letcho thicker
- Mix cornmeal with some water (half a cup is enough) and pour it into your pot. Turn down the heat, stir and wait until it’s boiling.
- Turn off the heat and add marjoram. It’s ready. Enjoy your meal!
You can try doing the letcho without using any cornmeal if you want. The sauce will be less thick, but the dish will become so low-carb!
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Photo and Recipe adapted from: thedukandiet.info