- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar, in all
- zest of 1 orange
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 ounces 70% bar chocolate
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 eggs whites
- 2 oranges
- Grand Marnier Sauce (recipe follows)
- Orange Crisp Cups
- Add the milk, 1/4 cup sugar, and orange zest to a saucepan. Warm the milk over medium heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Take care not to burn. Remove from heat and cool. Whisk 1/4 cup sugar with egg yolks, beating until mixture is pale yellow and thick. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler set over medium heat. Temper the egg yolks with a tablespoon of chocolate, then whisk remainder of eggs and milk mixture into the chocolate.
- Beat egg whites until they hold stiff peaks. Gently fold in the chocolate mixture. Pipe or scoop the mousse into serving dishes. Refrigerate until the mousse sets up, about 45 minutes. Serve with Grand Marnier Sauce.
Grand Marnier Sauce: 1/4 cup sugar 1/2 cup water juice of 2 oranges zest of 1 orange 1 ounce Grand Marnier Combine sugar, water, orange juice, and zest. Simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes. Add 1 ounce Grand Marnier. Cool.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe adapted from: LouisianaCookin.com