Recipe: Vegetable Egg Crepes
Summary: You can serve it as pictured or roll up the veggies in the crepe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus a pinch
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- Heat oil in a medium sauté pan over medium high heat. Sauté bell pepper, zucchini, onion, and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Season with salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, potato starch, 2 tablespoons water, and a pinch of salt.
- Grease an 8-inch nonstick skillet and heat over medium heat. Add about 2 tablespoons of batter to pan and quickly swirl around to evenly coat pan with a thin layer. Cook for 20 to 30 seconds or until set. Using a spatula, flip crepe over and cook for 10 to 15 seconds more. Place crepe on a sheet pan and continue with remaining batter until 10 crepes are made.
- To serve, fold each crepe in half and then in half again to form a wedge. Place on a serving platter and evenly distribute vegetable filling on top of each crepe.
Prep Time : 10 min
Cook Time : 20 min
Ready Time : 30 min
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: Joyofkosher.com