Recipe: All American Skillet Goulash
Summary: All American Skillet Goulash takes a few tasty liberties with traditional goulash that we think you’ll like. Wait ’til you taste our budget-friendly, skillet version that is pure hearty comfort food.
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and cover to keep warm.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, bell pepper, and onion over high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains in the beef, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid.
- Add macaroni, spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and simmer 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted; serve.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Any leftovers will freeze well, and you can always change up the recipe by adding cabbage or some of your favorite beans as well as using ground turkey or chicken instead of ground beef.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of ABC