Recipe: GBD Fish Sandwiches
Summary: Golden Brown Delicious! Pick your seasoning — lemon pepper, Jamaican jerk, or Cajun — grill, and then top with a mayonnaise spread for great fish sandwiches.
- 4 – 5 ounces fresh or frozen fish fillets, 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1cup Panko or dried bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, Jamaican jerk seasoning, or Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 4 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 hamburger buns or kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- Watercress or lettuce leaves (optional)
- Roasted red sweet pepper strips or fresh tomato slices (optional)
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Brush fish with lemon-juice. Sprinkle desired seasoning evenly over all sides of fish. Pat in your Panko or bread crumbs.
- For sandwich spread, in a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, mustard, and honey. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Place fish in a greased grill basket, tucking under any thin edges. For a charcoal grill, grill fish on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork (allow 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish), turning basket once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place fish on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Remove fish from grill. To serve, spread bottom half of buns with mayonnaise mixture. Top with watercress (if desired), fish, additional mayonnaise mixture, red pepper strips (if desired), and top halves of buns. Makes 4 servings.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Grill 4 mins to 6 mins per 1/2-inch thickness
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: bhg.com