Recipe: Double Bacon and Beef Burger
Summary: What’s next for our burger obsession.. Of course.. it’s ground bacon!!
- ½ lb lean ground sirloin (or ground beef of your choice)
- ½ lb ground bacon (if you can’t find this, fine mince raw bacon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for grilling
- 3 toasted hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 slices Jack cheese
- thousand island
- the list is endless
- Place beef and bacon into a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix together until fully combined.
- Form six equal patties and place in the refrigerator between parchment to chill.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and brush the surface with vegetable oil.
- Place patties onto the grill pan (three at a time) and grill for 5 to 7 minute on each side. Make sure temp reads 165 degrees since your using bacon you can’t have that rare.
- About two minutes before the patties are done, place a piece of cheddar and jack cheese over each patty and allow cheese to melt before removing and placing onto a clean surface. Repeat with the remaining patties and cheese.
- To assemble: Stack two patties onto one another and place on a bun. Add any remaining toppings and condiments of your choice and serve.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 3
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Recipes Quick N Easy