Recipe: Sweet and Spicy Salsa Chicken
Summary: Sweet and spicy Salsa Chicken is delicious served with rice and black beans.
- 1 package McCormick Taco Seasoning Mix or McCormick 30% Less Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 pound chicken tenders or boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) no salt added diced tomatoes (optional use jar salsa of your choice)
- 1/3 cup apricot or peach preserves
- Place Seasoning Mix on plate or in plastic bag. Add chicken tenders; toss to coat.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned.
- Stir in tomatoes and preserves. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes. Serve over rice, if desired.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: Mccormick.com