Recipe: Potato and Green Bean Salad
Summary: Whether eaten warm or out of the fridge, this bright, crunchy potato salad pairs perfectly with any of the grilled meats in this story.
- 6 ounces green beans
- 2 pounds peeled small potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Coarse salt
- Simmer green beans in salted water until barely tender and bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon or wire-mesh skimmer, and transfer to a bowl of ice water.
- Drain, and pat dry. Add potatoes to the same pot of salted water, and simmer until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain potatoes, and halve them.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and thyme in a large bowl. Add potatoes, beans, and red onion. Gently toss. Season with salt.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Punchfork