Recipe: Girl Scout’s Samoa Cookies
- 1 box shortbread cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups toasted coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Place each shortbread cookie in cup of a greased muffin tin. In 2-quart saucepan over medium-low heat, combine butter, sugar and corn syrup. Heat to a full boil, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly pour in sweetened condensed milk, stirring constantly. Continue cooking over low heat until candy thermometer reaches 220-228 degrees F. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Beat until creamy. Immediately stir in toasted coconut and mix well.
- Spoon mixture by teaspoonfuls over shortbread cookies. Cool completely. Remove cooled cookies from muffin tin onto waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate chips and drizzle thinly in stripes over cookies and let chocolate harden at room temperature.