Summary: A lighter take on this party and tailgating favorite in your slow-cooker. You will blow them away with how good this easy, and only you need to know how easy it was.
Recipe: Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 3/4 pound of extra-lean ground meat
- 3/4 pound of ground turkey
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 3/4 ketchup
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Combine first 5 ingredients; shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place into slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl combine ketchup, white vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, dry mustard. Mix to combine.
- Pour sauce mixture over meatballs. Stir meatballs gently, to coat with sauce.
- Cook covered on LOW for 5-7 hours, or until meatballs are not pink in the center.
- Serve with toothpicks.
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: Food.com