Recipe: Spiced Lamb Chops
Summary: This is a quick way to make delicious lamb chops. The combination of flavors will make those who say they don’t like lamb come back for more.
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 small dried chiles (such as chiles de árbol), stemmed
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/3 cup whole-milk plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 8 lamb rib chops (each about 1 inch thick), excess fat trimmed
- Pickled Red Onions (click for recipe)
- Fresh mint sprigs (for garnish)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in small skillet. Stir over medium heat until spices are aromatic and slightly darker in color, about 3 minutes. Transfer spices to bowl and cool. Grind spices to coarse powder in spice mill. Combine spices, yogurt, and ginger in 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. Add lamb chops and turn to coat with mixture. Let marinate 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil. Arrange chops on baking sheet. Broil lamb to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer 2 lamb chops to each of 4 plates. Spoon drained Pickled Red Onions alongside each; garnish with mint sprigs.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Bon Appetit