Summary: Succulent turkey breast marinated with orange juice, garlic and thyme, then grilled.
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (3 pound) Butterball® Boneless Breast of Turkey Roast , thawed
- 3 medium zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- cooking spray for grill
- Marinade: Beat orange peel, orange juice, oil, vinegar, thyme, garlic and pepper in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended; set aside.
- Turkey: Remove roast from package; pat dry with paper towels. Refrigerate gravy packet for another use or discard. Lift string netting and shift position on roast for easier removal after cooking. Place roast in large resealable plastic bag. Pour 1-1/2 cups of the Marinade over turkey; seal bag. Turn bag several times to evenly coat roast with the marinade. Refrigerate 1 to 4 hours to marinate.
- Meanwhile, place zucchini and onions in shallow glass dish. Pour remaining 3/4 cup marinade over vegetables; cover. Refrigerate 1 to 4 hours to marinate.
- Spray cold grate of outdoor grill with grilling spray. Prepare grill for medium indirect heat. Drain roast; discard marinade. Place roast on prepared grill grate over drip pan. Cover grill with lid.
- Grill 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until juices run clear and meat thermometer reaches 170°F when inserted in center of roast. Let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, drain vegetables; discard marinade. Grill vegetables 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until crisp-tender. Remove netting from roast; discard. Cut turkey into thin slices. To make each ‘stack,’layer 3 turkey slices, placing a few of the vegetables between each of the turkey slices. Or, cut turkey into thicker slices and serve topped with the grilled vegetables.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6