Recipe: Chicken Wings with Habanero Citrus Glaze
Summary: Grown up Hot Wings- not for the kiddos, these are for the ones that like it “The Hotter the Better” but it’s the good tasty heat that sneaks up from behind with a sweet citrus glaze that just makes it awesomeness!!
- 1 1/2 lb frozen wings- thawed
- 1/3 cup Orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup Orange juice prepared
- 1 Habanero peppers, or Scotch Bonnet fine diced and seeded (where gloves and do not touch eyes)
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 3/4 cups hot sauce like Franks Wing Sauce or your preference
- Combine orange marmalade, orange juice and habanero, garlic, lime juice and hot sauce in a small nonstick saucepan and whisk to blend. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes or until reduced to a glaze-like consistency. Hold hot above 140°F.
- If you like yours breaded, season flour with salt and pepper and toss in flour. Deep fry wings at 350°F for 5 to 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Combine wings and habanero citrus glaze in a oven dish and toss to evenly coat and place in preheated oven at 350°F for 15 – 20 minutes or just to begin sizzling.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4