Recipe: Strawberry Tiramisu Trifle
Summary: This recipe creates a lovely centerpiece for a dessert buffet or makes a very special dessert for someone you care about. Try it with raspberries or other flavored puddings.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cups Cold Milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp strong brewed coffee, room temperature, divided
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 3 oz ladyfingers, split
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate, grated
- Set aside three strawberries for garnish; slice the remaining strawberries.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in 2 tablespoons coffee. Beat in pudding. Fold in whipped topping.
- Brush remaining coffee over ladyfingers. Line the bottom of a 3-qt. trifle or glass serving bowl with half of the ladyfingers.
- Top with half of the sliced berries, grated chocolate and pudding mixture; repeat layers. Cut reserved berries in half; place on trifle. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Tastyplanner