Recipe: Spinach Quiche Cups
Summary: The spinach quiche is truly a healthy low-carb and gluten-free breakfast. Try it!
- A little olive oil (for cooking the mushrooms)
- 1 (10 oz) package fresh spinach (I used the baby ones) — about 284 grams
- 4 eggs (if the yolks are quite small I use 5 eggs)
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (I use mozzarella or the Italian Blend)
- 1 (8 oz package) mini-bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp, heavy cream or half-and-half (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Click for instructions to this recipe from Manilaspoon.com
Photo courtesy of RecipebyPhoto.com
*Variation – If you don’t fancy mushrooms, try asparagus or bell peppers with the spinach. Also, add some onions to the mix. I add some when I do not use mushrooms.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4