Recipe: Chicken Veneto
Summary: Artichokes, white wine and pistachios add flavor and texture to a simple sauce spooned over sauteed chicken. This classic Italian recipe takes only 30 minutes from start to finish.
- 8 ounces dried fettuccine or linguine
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 9 – ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and halved
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pistachio nuts
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Cracked black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-size strips. In a very large skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet with a slotted spoon; discard pan drippings.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 15 seconds. Remove from heat. Add artichokes, pistachios and wine. Return to heat. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in salt. Return chicken to the skillet. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through.
- To serve, arrange the pasta on 4 individual dinner plates or a large platter. Spoon the chicken mixture over the pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and cracked black pepper to taste. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of MidwestLiving.com