Recipe: Homemade Strawberry Glaze
Summary: This Homemade Strawberry Glaze recipe is so easy to make! It is a great topping for many different dessert dishes, such as cheesecakes!
- 2 pounds (32 oz.) fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Combine the water, strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a large saucepan on high heat. Stir thoroughly while bringing it up to a boil.
- After the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat to low, and allow to cook for up to ten minutes, occasionally stirring throughout. As the strawberries soften, use a wooden spoon to break them in pieces to release the flavors from the strawberries.
- Remove from heat. Using a strainer, pour liquid into a bowl ensuring to press as much juices through strainer with wooden spoon. Dispose any of the solid strawberries leftover from mixture, and return liquid to pan on low heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Then, pour into the simmering pan of strawberry juice.
- Increase heat to high, and continue to whisk the mixture until it thickens into a glaze (approximately 3-5 minutes).
- Remove glaze from heat, and pour into separate bowl to cool down. Once the glaze has reached room temperature, place in refrigerator until it is chilled. Enjoy this Homemade Strawberry Glaze recipe!
Recipe adapted from Featuredish.com