Recipe: Lemon Yogurt Sugar Mini Muffins
Summary: With their tangy flavor, moist texture, and crackly sugar coating, these muffins are perfect for a quick breakfast, or a fun after-school snack.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, preferably fresh-squeezed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 ounces lemon yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- White sugar, for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together the milk, lemon juice, 1/4 cup melted butter, egg, yogurt, vanilla and lemon zest. This mixture may look clumpy and/or curdled; that’s normal!
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring just to combine. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then carefully invert the pan to turn out the muffins.
- Dip the muffins in the 3 tablespoons of melted butter until evenly coated. Then roll each muffin in sugar.
- These muffins are best eaten immediately. They’ll get sticky once they’ve cooled. If that happens, just roll them in sugar again before enjoying!
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 24
Recipe adapted from Halfhourmeals.com