Recipe: Peach Lemonade
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice (about 4 to 6 lemons)
- 1 peach, cut into wedges
- Mint for garnishment
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine the first 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 3 minutes. Place peach mixture in a blender. Remove the center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape) and cover the top with a clean dish towel. Puree until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Press peach mixture through a sieve over a large bowl, reserving liquid. Discard the peach solids. Stir in lemon juice.
- When ready to serve, add 1/2 cup ice to the glasses, and pour peach lemonade into the glasses. Garnish with peach wedges and mint.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Fat: 0.1 g
Protein: 0.5 g
Recipe adapted from cookbook-recipes.org