Summary: This tastes similar to potato pancakes (latkes) but even easier to make and you can use leftover rice.
Quick and Easy Rice Fritters
- 1 cup cooked rice, packed
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Combine all the ingredients except for oil and mix well.
- In a pan, heat oil for shallow frying.
- When the oil is hot, add a tablespoon of batter, pressing down slightly to form a flat fritter.
- Fry one side until golden and flip. If there are many holes in the fritter, add more cornstarch to the batter. Drain fritters on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, hummus or anything else that has a spicy fresh flavor.
Serve with salsa, guacamole, tzatziki and anything else that has a zesty fresh flavor.
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: SarahMelamed.com