Summary: Good way to use leftover pot roast beef and gravy! Note that this recipe makes four sandwiches with two slices of meat per sandwich, or depending upon how much meat and gravy you wish to use.
- 2 -4 cups leftover roast beef
- 2 -4 cups leftover gravy
- salt and pepper
- fresh herbs, of your choice (optional)
- 1 cup finely minced onion, sauteed lightly (optional)
- 8 slices bread, of your choice
- Slice the roast into thin or thick slices as desired. Warm the slices of roast in microwave or oven. Heat the gravy in the microwave or on the stove top.
- Add minced, sauteed onions and seasonings to the warmed gravy, if desired.
- Lightly toast or leave untoasted the sliced bread. Lay two slices of the sliced bread side-by-side on each plate. Lay one slice of warmed meat on each slice of bread.
- Pour desired amount of warmed, seasoned gravy over both slices of bread and meat. Serve at once or reheat each plate in the microwave.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4