Recipe: Roasted Tomato and Tomatillo Salsa
- 2 Cups Tomatoes and/or Tomatillos, roughly chopped
- 1 Cup Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper, stem removed, roughly chopped (de-seed to make less spicy)
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- juice of 1 Lime
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 220°C (428°F) – use convection to make it go more quickly.
- Place the tomatoes and/or tomatillos, onions, and jalaepñp on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the tips of the onion starts to blacken.
- Remove from oven, place in a bowl and puree with a wand mixer. Mix in lime juice and salt to taste. Serve immediately.
Makes about 2 cups