Recipe: Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein
Summary: No need to get take out when this is so fast and easy to make at home!
- 8 ounces Chinese lo mein noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2/3 pound boneless tender beef steak, such as sirloin
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 bag (16 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil on medium-high in an extra-deep, 12-inch skillet. Peel and coarsely chop onion, adding to skillet as you chop. Stir occasionally. While onion cooks, slice steak about 1/8-inch thick and add to skillet. Add mushrooms, broccoli, garlic and ginger. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Stir well. Remove skillet from heat. When noodles are done, drain well and add to skillet. Stir until noodles are combined well with vegetables and coated with sauce. Serve at once.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe adapted from: KitchenScoop.com