Recipe: Roasted Taco Salad
- 600 grams Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 2 Onions, diced
- 1 Jalapeño, seeds removed, minced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 4 Tomatillos, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 400 grams cooked Kidney Beans (or your favorite bean), drained
- 1 Cup hard Goat Cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- 2 Cups cooked Rice
- 1/2 an Avocado, chopped
- 2 Cups Lettuce, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- Guacamole Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 218°C (425°F).
- On a baking sheet, combine the cherry tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, bell pepper, tomatillos, and olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet from oven and pour the drained beans on top of the vegetables and mix. Sprinkle with the garlic powder and then all the cheese – return to oven. Bake another 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Top your cooked rice off with a few spoon fulls of the bean and vegetable mixture, then layer on the rest of your toppings: avocado, lettuce, tomato, guacamole, and sour cream. Enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4