Recipe: Roasted Honey Cinnamon Chickpeas
Summary: If you’re craving something sweet, but know a cookie will have you feeling flat, reach for this warm, low-cal option instead: honey roasted cinnamon chickpeas. High in protein and fiber, chickpeas offer a satisfying crunch when roasted, and if you toss them with a little honey and cinnamon, you’ll have a sweet treat that will also give you a boost of energy.
- 15-ounce can organic garbanzo beans
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat silicone mat.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander. Place them on a towel to dry off.
- Spread chickpeas on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until crispy. Test one, and if it’s still soft, bake for longer.
- While the chickpeas are still hot, toss them in a bowl with the oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Enjoy as is or for a caramelized effect, place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
- Store leftover chickpeas in an airtight container.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: FitSugar.com