Recipe: Eggs Benedict Casserole
Summary: There are several theories as to the origin of Eggs Benedict, one is where a Wall Street banker wandered into the Waldorf hotel in New York and asked for a cure for his hangover ordering, “buttered toast, poached eggs, crisp bacon, and a hooker of Hollandaise.” Another gives credit to Mrs. Le Grand Benedict who suggested the recipe to the maitre d’hotel at Delmonico’s and let’s not forget Commodore E.C. Benedict who was given the recipe from his mother. Wherever it got it’s start, it’s considered the ultimate in breakfast food and something usually saved for special occasions and leisurely Sunday brunches.
- 1 12 oz. package English muffins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz. Canadian bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 Tblsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Packaged Hollandaise sauce (like Knorrs)
For instructions please visit: EveryDayDutchoven.com
Makes 4-6 servings.