Recipe: Veggie Potato Salad
Summary: This “all-in-one” side dish features potato salad with the addition of garden-fresh vegetables such as carrots, celery, radishes, and green beans.
- 2 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise with olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup steamed, cut fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring potatoes and salted water to cover to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat, and simmer 7 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place potatoes in a large bowl; sprinkle with vinegar and oil, and toss gently. Cool completely (about 1 hour).
- 2. Whisk together buttermilk and next 3 ingredients. Stir in carrots and next 6 ingredients; season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon buttermilk mixture over potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours before serving.
- Note: We tested with Kraft Reduced-Fat Mayonnaise with Olive Oil.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: SouthernLiving.com