Recipe: Firecracker Cupcakes
Summary: This 4th of July why not try baking red, white and blue cupcakes with the kids?
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon blue food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Prepare batter according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 1/3 cups batter and blue food coloring. In another bowl, combine 1 1/3 cups batter and red food coloring. Leave remaining batter plain.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups with 2 tablespoons red batter, 2 tablespoons plain batter and 2 tablespoons blue batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with vanilla frosting a few drops of red food coloring and blue food coloring; Makes 1 1/2 dozen. using grass tip #233.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 16
Recipe courtesy of: examiner.com
Photo courtesy of: CakeCentral.com