Summary: Rave reviews, everyone wants to know when we’re having it again.
- 2 tilapia filets
- 2 tablespoons of Sonoma Farm lemon infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Sonoma Farm kalmata olives
- ½ cup of plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme, stems removed
- 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper taste
- ½ cup of Egg Beaters or 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- Mix bread crumb, thyme, garlic powder salt and pepper in a large shallow dish. Add egg beaters or beaten eggs to a separate large shallow dish.
- Dip tilapia into the egg mixture, then into dry mixture and place in a large preheated skilled with lemon infused olive oil over medium high heat.
- Sear on first side until brown turn and cook on the second side until brown. This takes about 5 minutes total cooking time, because the fish is thin. Remove fish and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Deglaze pan with wine and add broth bring to a boil and reduce by half. Whisk in butter. Make a thickening agent by whisking cornstarch and water. Gradually whisk thickening agent into boiling sauce. Add capers and olives to the pan and serve over fish.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: SonomaFarm.com