Easy recipe for homemade cheesy poblano empanadas filled with rajas or roasted poblano peppers, and a mix of queso fresco, oaxaca, and goat cheese.
Cheese and Poblano Empanadas
- 8 poblano peppers
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/2 cup Oaxaca cheese, can also use grated mozzarella or monterrey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 12-15 medium size empanada discs, use this recipe for homemade empanada dough for baking* or store bought empanada discs
- 1 egg, whisked – to use as egg wash
- Serving sauce suggestion
- Creamy chipotle yogurt sauce
- To roast the poblanos.. See below..
NOTE: *Use this recipe for homemade empanada dough for baking