Summary: Ohana Bread Pudding from Disney’s Polynesian Resort. Served a la mode and drenched in the Banana Foster Sauce, it is moist (not soggy), dense, and laden with all the rich goodness one expects from a bread pudding.
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 cups french or ‘Ohana breakfast bread
- Banana Foster Sauce
- 4 oz. sugar
- 4 oz. brown sugar
- 4 oz. corn syrup
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1cup spiced rum
- 1cup banana slices
- In a bowl mix eggs, milk, salt, sugar and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cut bread in medium pieces, place on cookie sheet pan put in 350 degree oven.
- Bake bread until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes. Remove bread and place in egg and milk mixture.
- Place mixture in a greased 10-inch cake pan and bake at 325 degree for 1 hour.
- Let stand 5 minutes, serve hot with ice cream.
Banana Foster Sauce
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and half of heavy cream in a large pan. Bring to a boil and slowly add remaining heavy cream keeping mixture at a steady boil.
- Add spiced rum and flambe.
- Candy will brown slightly; cook 3 minutes until candy forms into a firm ball in cold water. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Add sliced bananas. Serve warm.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: examiner.com