Apart from being ridiculously cheap and oh-so-pretty, brussels sprouts are very healthy too. If you like to eat them, you’re one of the luckiest people in the world.
Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Garlic
- 10 small brussel sprouts
- 2 bacon rashers, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rock salt, sea salt or "Kosher" salt
- Salt and pepper
- Peel off any bad leaves from the brussel sprouts
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add rock salt.
- Blanch brussel sprouts for 4 minutes then drain and refresh in cold running water.
- Cut sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Heat olive oil on high. Add bacon and cook 1 minute.
- Add Brussels sprouts and fry until they start to brown around the edges and the bacon crisps.
- Add garlic slices and fry 1 minute until softened.
- Drain brussels sprouts to remove excess oil. Serve hot.
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: MorselsandMusings.blogspot.com