The Strawberry Blessing What2Cook – Best of 2013 – Number 4 viewed more than 116,000 times count down to #1 on New Years Eve.
Summary: It was glorious. Angels sang. I think there were even harps. As far as I’m concerned you can call it whatever you like. I call it good.
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier, plus one tablespoon extra
- 1-1/4 pounds mascarpone, at room temperature
- 1-1/3 cups whipping cream (35%)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ladyfingers or Savoiardi (you’ll need about 50)
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds strawberries, washed, dried and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
For full instructions please visit: CreamPuffsinVenice
I would recommend chilling for 24 hours. Chilling for 12 hours will do, but if you can hold off devouring this dessert, the extra time will really help it set.
Number of servings (yield): 8