Recipe: Texas Baked Biscuits
Summary: There’s breakfast, and then there’s BREAKFAST. This recipe, right here, is the latter. A big, flaky biscuit topped with peppered bacon, and filled with a soft-cooked egg.
- 1 tube Texas-style refrigerated biscuit dough (the big ‘uns)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooked peppered bacon, crumbled or real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 scallions, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Lightly spray a standard-sized muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Open the tube of biscuit dough, and press one biscuit round into the muffin tin.
- To make sure there is room for the eggs, make sure you make a deep well in your dough by pressing the biscuit all the way up the sides of each muffin cup (see photo below).
- Crack an egg into each biscuit, top with bacon bits, cheddar, and scallions. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degress for 13-15 minutes.
- To ensure the center of your egg stays soft-cooked, remove the biscuits from the oven as soon as the edges begin to turn golden brown. Enjoy!
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: babble.com