Summary: Healthy banana waffles made incredibly fluffy and light with quinoa flour. They’re crispy on the outside and nice and light in the middle – the way a waffle should be. Best of all they’re good for you, and filling!
- 2 cups Organic Quinoa Flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 ripe large bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (gluten free, if desired)
- 2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, if desired
For full instructions please visit:
If you don’t have quinoa flour available, you can try and use whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour, although then they wouldn’t be gluten free. Instead of almond milk feel free to use coconut or regular milk. If you don’t use chocolate chips, each waffle is only 163 calories. This recipe makes about 8 Belgian waffles.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8