Summary: Feeding a crowd? Make taco filling in a slow cooker and let guests line up for the tasty taco filling. The truth is you don’t have to make tacos with this recipe, you could choose to make nachos, tostadas or burritos as well. It’s your choice.
- 3 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Anaheim chile, chopped
- 3/4 cup taco sauce or chili sauce
- 1/2 cup mole sauce (from 9-oz container)
- 3 tablespoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (from 7-oz can)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 18 flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch; from two 8.2-oz packages)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Other options for your Taco Bar
- Shredded lettuce
- black olives
- green onions
- Mexican blend cheese
- In 12-inch skillet, cook beef, onion and Anaheim chile over medium heat about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix beef mixture, chili sauce, mole sauce, chipotle chiles, cumin and salt.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 7 hours.
- To serve, spoon 1/3 cup beef mixture onto each tortilla; top with cheese and tomatoes. Roll up tortillas. Beef mixture will hold on Low heat setting up to 2 hours; stir occasionally.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 18
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Betty Crocker