Recipe: Avocado and Bacon Muffins
Summary: These muffins go well with breakfast or soup for an easy meal, or make mini ones and serve as finger food!
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated chedder cheese
- 4 spring onions (chopped)
- 3 slices bacon
- 5 tablespoons or 75 g un salted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sieve the first four dry ingredients into a large bowl and add the pepper, cheese and spring onions. Stir to combine.
- Chop the bacon finely and cook in a pan or under the grill until crisp. Keep the bacon drippings.
- Melt the butter and add the egg, milk and bacon dripping and beat to combine.
- Halve the avocado, scoop out the flesh and cut into small cubes. Sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Then add them to the liquid mixture. Add the bacon then mix into dry ingredients. Stir only to just combine.
- Put about 1/4 cup of mixture into each sprayed or greased muffin cup.
- Bake at 400 deg F for approx 10 mins or until the muffins spring back when pressed lightly in center.
- I make either 24 mini or 12 medium muffins and serve them warm.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: Jen T