Recipe: Classic Eggs Benedict
Summary: The eggs benedict turned out wonderful and delicious!
- 8 Eggs
- 2 cups White vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 8 English muffin halves
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
- 4 Egg yolks
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 sticks Real butter
- First, have a Bloody Mary. Prepare for the Hollandaise Sauce by placing the 4 egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Place that bowl in a larger bowl of luke warm water. (This gets the chill off the eggs) Put the 2 sticks of butter in a measuing cup.
- Fill a large skillet halfway with water, the vinegar and the salt. Bring to almost a boil. In another skillet lightly grill the Canadian Bacon. Keep warm, but do not dry out. Butter the English Muffins and get ready to toast. Have one more Blooddy Marrry.
- Empty the egg yolk mixture into a blender. Everything should be ready to go at this point: Muffins toasting, bacon grilled, water simmering. Melt butter in microwave until hot, about a minute. Run blender on high and slowly add the melted butter. Sauce will thicken. Gently crack and drop each egg into the water in the skillet. Poach for about 2 minutes (you want the yolks to be runny).
- To assemble start with the English muffin, then the Canadian bacon, then the poached egg, removed with a slotted spoon. Cover with Hollandaise Sauce. Serve with cheese grits, a grilled tomato, assorted fruit chunks, and………one more Bloody Mary.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: PapaLew