Recipe: Glazed Carrots with Pecans
Summary: This five-ingredient carrot side dish recipe comes together quickly and adds warm flavor to any menu.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups diagonally sliced (1/4 in.) peeled carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecan halves
- Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots and cook, stirring frequently, 4 minutes.
- Stir in ginger and sugar and cook, stirring, until sugar melts, about 2 minutes.
- Add pecans and cook until carrots are tender when pierced and mixture is glazed in sugar, 3 to 5 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 10
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: Sunset