Summary: The sausage is cut into bite sized pieces and browned. Then served in a sauce of pineapple, brown sugar, and creole mustard…out of a crock pot.
- 2 lbs spicy smoked sausage (I use Conecuh)
- 1- 8 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbs creole mustard
- Cut the sausage into bite sized pieces. In a large skillet add a small amount of oil and brown the sausage in two batches.
- Remove the sausage from the pan with a slotted spoon and place into a chafing dish or crock pot. In a small sauce pan combine the crushed pineapple, brown sugar, and creole mustard.
- Bring to a boil; boil just until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over the sausage and stir to coat the sausage. Keep warm in chafing dish or crock pot for serving.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 16
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of: Bo’s-Bowl