Recipe: Amazing Dinner Rolls
Summary: Is there anything like a fresh, hot out of the oven, homemade dinner roll? Dinner rolls are a classic that will never fade. These dinner rolls are dangerously good! How could something with so few simple ingredients be so delicious?
- 1/3 cup warm water, 110 – 115 degrees
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup + 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk, warmed to 110 – 115 degrees
- 3/4 cup salted butter, at room temperature, divided
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
For instructions please visit: Cooking Classy
*I found 4 1/2 cups to be perfect for me but if you live somewhere very dry or humid, or at a very high altitude you may want to reduce or increase measurement by a 1/4 of a cup, just note the dough should be fairly sticky. Don’t add too much flour or your roll will be heavy. The dough should be sticking to the bottom of the mixing bowl near the end of mixing just not the sides. It should stick slightly to a clean fingertip then spring back slightly when pulled away. Not gummy and not dry. Most of you will probably find 4 1/2 cups to work just right as well.
Cooking time: 18 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 24