Recipe: Slow Cooker Corn on the Cob
Summary: Cooking corn on the cob just got a whole lot easier and healthier. This easy crock pot method means no more pots of boiling water that heat the kitchen and boil away nutrients in the corn. Slowly steaming the corn in its own juices with some simple, healthy seasonings results in moist, tender, amazingly delicious corn with NO BUTTER.
- A slow cooker. I have 2 models. My favorite is an oval-shaped 6.5 qt. programmable Crock Pot.
- Aluminum foil for wrapping individual ears of corn. Pre-cut aluminum foil sheets are convenient and can be found at many grocery stores, in big boxes at Costco and Sams, and on Amazon.
- Ears of corn, husked and silk removed; how many you cook depends on the size of your slow cooker. I can fit 8 to 10 ears in my crock pot. The ears can be cut in half to make them fit better or for smaller portions.
- Olive oil
- Salt (I use sea salt)
- Pepper, freshly ground preferred
- Seasonings for added flavors (explained in detail below): fresh herbs, chili powder, ground cumin, lime juice, Sriracha, pesto, curry powder, coconut milk
- Holders for cobs of corn. These make it much tidier to eat corn on the cob. They also keep your fingers from burning from the spiciness of Sriracha corn ears and prevent yellow fingers from the Curry corn ears.
For instructions please visit: The Yummy Life
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 4 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8-10