Recipe: Mexican Quiche
Summary: This Mexican-style quiche has a tortilla crust and south-of-the-border fiiings. An easy to make quiche that is great for breakfast, brunch, or dinner!
- 1 6 inch flour tortilla
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 3 ounces breakfast pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon chopped green sweet bell pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk, light cream or half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Salsa (optional)
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Starting with a cold skillet, heat tortilla about 45 seconds or until warm, turning once. Place tortilla into a greased 15-ounce casserole. Top with 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- In same skillet cook sausage and green pepper until sausage is cooked and green pepper is crisp-tender; drain well. Spoon over tortilla and cheese in casserole.
- In a small bowl combine egg, milk or cream, and salt. Mix well. Pour egg mixture into casserole. Top with remaining cheese. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until firm. Serve with salsa and cilantro, if desired. Makes 1 serving
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of: BHG