Recipe: French Toast Sticks
Summary: Keep these in the freezer for those busy morning!
We had some to freeze. We have found that they are good both in the toaster & in the microwave.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 slices white bread, each cut into 4 strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a shallow dish, beat together the eggs, sugar, milk, maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg with a fork until well blended.
- Dip each bread strip into the egg mixture, coating completely.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat.
- Cook the bread strips a few at a time for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter as needed.
- Serve immediately or cool completely, flash freeze on cookie sheet, then store in a labeled freezer bag.
- To serve: reheat in the oven, toaster oven, or microwave until heated through.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 32 sticks
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of: Food