Recipe: Stuffed Chili Relleno Casserole
Summary: Peppers makes your metabolism speed up! Great dish for Cinco de Mayo not too spicy, just right!
- 1 lb. cooked and drained ground beef, turkey or pulled chicken
- (seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic pepper)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese (or Pepper Jack)
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 roasted, seeded poblanos (diced) or green chilis (or 2 small cans of diced chilis)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 small can of enchilada sauce
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place about half of the meat in the bottom of the pan. Top with a layer of chili’s, then a layer of 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat the layers saving some cheese to top with.
Mix seasoning, and enchilada sauce together. Pour on the top of the layers. Sprinkle remaining cheese on the top and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. The remove foil and bake another 10 minutes until the cheese is nicely browned.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of: Counting all Joy
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6